RWE Could Sell Stake in Turkish Gas-fired Power Plant

Source Reuters
Company RWE AG 
Tags Deal Rumours, Power
Date November 14, 2019

RWE, Germany’s No.1 electricity provider, could decide to sell its 70% stake it holds in the 775 megawatt gas-fired power plants in the Turkish city of Denizli if there are buyers, its chief financial officer said.

“You can imagine that we are not having a great time with it at the moment,” Markus Krebber told journalists after releasing nine-month results, but added that the group was not actively pursuing a sale at the moment.

RWE owns 70% in RWE & Turcas Guney Elektrik Uretim A.S., a joint venture with Turcas Petrol that owns the plant. Turcas owns the remaining 30%.

Source: EvaluateEnergy® ©2020 EvaluateEnergy Ltd