Oct. 02. - Murphy Oil Announces Successful Appraisal of the Deepwater Kikeh Discovery

Source Press Release
Company Murphy Oil Corporation 
Tags Upstream Activities
Date October 08, 2002

Murphy Oil Corporation has announced that the Kikeh #2 well successfully appraised the previously announced Kikeh #1 oil discovery drilled in Block K, offshore Sabah Malaysia.

The rig will now be moved to drill another appraisal well, Kikeh #3, which will be almost two miles from the Kikeh #2 well.

Located in almost 4,400 feet of water, the Kikeh discovery lies in the southern part of Block K. Murphy as operator has an 80% interest in Block K and adjoining Block H, which combined cover over six million acres. Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned exploration and production arm of Petronas, holds the remaining 20%.

Source: EvaluateEnergy® ©2020 EvaluateEnergy Ltd