Jan 04 - Murphy Oil announces results of Malaysia deepwater drilling well

Source Press Release
Company Murphy Oil Corporation 
Tags Upstream Activities
Date January 20, 2004

Murphy Oil Corporation announces that its Aya # 1 exploration well encountered wet reservoir sands and will be plugged and abandoned. This well was drilled in 4,478 feet of water in Block K offshore Sabah Malaysia, on a fault separated structure down dip to the west of the previously announced Kikeh Kecil oil discovery.  

 Murphy as operator, has an 80% working interest in Block K.  PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd., a wholly owned exploration and production arm of  PETRONAS, holds the remaining 20% interest. 


Source: EvaluateEnergy® ©2020 EvaluateEnergy Ltd