Apr 04 - Murphy Oil Announces Successful Results at the Kikeh #7 Well and the Discovery of Deeper Oil Reservoirs

Source Press Release
Company Murphy Oil Corporation 
Tags Upstream Activities
Date April 27, 2004

Murphy Oil Corporation announced that its Kikeh #7 appraisal well has successfully confirmed the down dip limits of this field. Of the eight known oil reservoirs in the field, water limits have now been established in five. Additionally this well was deepened below known field pays and encountered oil in multiple sands previously undrilled in Block K. The Kikeh #7 well reached a total depth of 14,899 feet subsea and is the deepest penetration in this deepwater basin. The well has been abandoned and all costs capitalized. Kikeh #7 was drilled in 4,217 feet of water in Block K, offshore deepwater Sabah, Malaysia.  

 Murphy, as operator, has an 80% working interest in Block K, which covers over four million acres.  PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd., a wholly owned exploration and production arm of  PETRONAS, holds the remaining 20%.

Source: EvaluateEnergy® ©2020 EvaluateEnergy Ltd