May 04 - Murphy Oil Announces Oil And Natural Gas Discovery Offshore Peninsular Malaysia

Source Press Release
Company Murphy Oil Corporation 
Tags Upstream Activities
Date May 27, 2004

Murphy Oil Corporation announced that its Kenarong #1 exploration well discovered oil and natural gas in multiple horizons. The well reached a total measured depth of 10,453 feet and was drilled in 225 feet of water in block PM 311, offshore Peninsular Malaysia.  

 Murphy as operator, has a 75% working interest in adjoining Blocks PM 311 and PM 312, which together cover more than two and a half million acres.  PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd., a wholly owned exploration and production arm of  PETRONAS, holds the remaining 25%.

Source: EvaluateEnergy® ©2020 EvaluateEnergy Ltd