Dec 05 - Murphy Oil Announces Successful Appraisal And Flow Test Of The Azurite Marine #2 Deepwater Oil Discovery In the Republic of Congo

Source Press Release
Company Murphy Oil Corporation 
Tags Upstream Activities
Date December 06, 2005

Murphy Oil Corporation announced today that its Azurite Marine #2 (85%) appraisal well drilled in the Mer Profonde Sud (MPS) block in 4,488 feet of water offshore The Republic of Congo successfully appraised the Azurite Marine oil discovery announced earlier this year. A subsequent flow test produced almost 8,000 barrels of oil per day from a single zone.

Murphy as operator, has an 85% working interest in MPS, which covers over 800,000 acres. The Congolese national oil company, Societe Nationale Petroles du Congo, holds the remaining 15%.

Source: EvaluateEnergy® ©2020 EvaluateEnergy Ltd