Jan 07 - Murphy Oil Announces Natural Gas Discovery Offshore Deepwater Sabah Malaysia

Source Press Release
Company Murphy Oil Corporation 
Tags Upstream Activities
Date January 29, 2007

Murphy Oil Corporation announced that its Rotan #1 exploration well encountered significant natural gas pay in a single zone. The well reached a total depth of 7,024 feet and was drilled in 3,773 feet of water in Block H offshore Sabah, Malaysia.

Murphy, as operator, has an 80% working interest in Block H. PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd., a wholly owned exploration and production arm of  PETRONAS, holds the remaining 20%.

Source: EvaluateEnergy® ©2020 EvaluateEnergy Ltd